How to Hire the Right Employees
Posted on: February 21, 2018
The hiring temporary workers process can be quite a challenge. You want to find the right person that will fit into your company. A human resources professional or hiring manager could spend a lot of time and money to find the right candidate for their company. Just as you invest in a company or business, you need to invest in the people that work for the company. If you have unpleasant or dissatisfied employees, poorly trained workers and quick staff turnovers, which could be a clue that you are not hiring the right people. Hiring the right employee can be a huge investment for a company as the new staff member can have a positive influence on the productivity and work environment of your business.
Hiring the Right People
There are certain characteristics that you look for in a new employee. You want to find the best candidate for the job that you need filled. You should be looking for a great employee that will fit the needs of your company and not just a great candidate. A great employee has certain traits that will make them stand out above the rest of the crowd. These types of employees have a great work ethic and take pride in what they do as well as work very hard to get to the highest level. They have positive attitudes and excellent communication skills. They are also experienced and can fill in quickly and impact a situation with little or no training. These candidates prepare for their jobs interviews by researching the company where they are interviewing, have the right questions to ask and can demonstrate easily how they would fit into their organization. Lastly, great employees are loyal, stable and reliable. They can easily adjust to change and can demonstrate consistent job performance.
How to Hire Employees
How do you actually hire the great employee? There are certain steps that a company should follow when they have temporary or permanent staffing needs and are trying to hire the right employee for their business.
- Before you even start the hiring process, it is crucial to define the job that you are hiring for. Ask yourself the following questions: What skills are needed for the job? What type of environment is needed for the job or the employee? What will be the employee’s duties and responsibilities? From these questions, you can create a complete job description of the position that you are hiring for.
- Create a hiring checklist. This checklist will help you keep track of candidates, applications, resumes and any other forms that you need the candidate to fill out. This is a handy tool to reference when you are going through the interviewing process.
- Review the potential candidates’ applications and resumes very carefully. Check the skills listed on the resume against the qualifications, experience and skills needed in the job description that was created. Prescreening the candidates can also be a part of this process.
- During the interview, ask the right questions. Make sure that you have researched the candidate and have questions ready that can weed out excellent from average candidates.
- Thoroughly check the candidate’s background. This is the time to verify the candidate’s information from outside sources such as personal references, workplace references, former supervisors and educational credentials.
- Create a formal job offer letter after a verbal agreement has been made. Introduce the new hire formerly to the current staff as well as informally, with a meet and greet or more casual event.
Finding the right employee can be a full-time job in itself. If your business or human resource department does not have the resources or the time to search for the right employee, then it might be time to consider working with a staffing agency. Labor System has over 30 years of experience and we have the capability to quickly find a temporary employee or even act as a subdivision of your human resource department for permanent hires. As a full service staffing agency, we’ll spend the time to get to know your business and the type of worker you’re looking for. Learn what makes Labor Systems one of the best staffing agencies to work with and discover what you can expect with our services.